- FANTASY FOOTBALL
- Fantasy Football Rankings
- Sportable Paragon Podcast
- Sportable Staff
- Arizona Cardinals
- Atlanta Falcons
- Baltimore Ravens
- Buffalo Bills
- Carolina Panthers
- Chicago Bears
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Dallas Cowboys
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions
- Green Bay Packers
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Miami Dolphins
- Minnesota Vikings
- New England Patriots
- New Orleans Saints
- New York Giants
- New York Jets
- Oakland Raiders
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- San Diego Chargers
- San Francisco 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks
- St. Louis Rams
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tennessee Titans
- Washington Redskins
SPORTABLE Top Stories
- 1. Seattle is an early favorite. The LVH Superbook in Las Vegas opened Seattle as a 2.5 point favorite. Keep in mind that is with everybody still in the dark on the severity of Richard Sherman's elbow injury.2. The Pats have the right pieces to beat Seattle. Their intermediate passing game, power running, stout defense, and a guy named Brady are the perfect setup to take down the defending champs.3. Seattle won't win if they get into an early hole. The Pats are not the Packers. They won't give the game away.Who will win and by how much?
New England in a close game
Seattle in a close game
New England by a comfortable margin
Seattle by a comfortable marginShare this Story×Google+posted by: FFJeffMOpinion
- Josh Gordon substance news, we meet again. This time, Gordon is facing a one-year suspension for failing the NFL's drug test. ProFootballTalk is reporting that substance was alcohol.Gordon has already failed two tests in his career and was once tabbed with a DUI. That DUI put alcohol on Gordon's banned substance list, which is why he is now almost surely set to miss a full season, per PFT.This is a sad story of en elite-level NFL wide receiver who chose substances over his career. Do you think Josh Gordon will ever grace an NFL field again?
Yes, he'll come back if he wants to.
Too early to tell.
No, his career is over.Share this Story×Google+posted by: ChristianHardyOpinion
- TEAM IRVIN vs. TEAM CARTERLegends - With Chris Carter & Michael Irvin involved in the event, surely we will have them mic'd up talking trash. A cameo would be cool to see.The Tactics - With the rules enforced, we won't see a battle in the trenches. Do we see "vanilla" offensive & defensive game plans? Or lots of trick plays?Teammate vs teammate - Last year we got to see Derrick Johnson attempting to light up Jamaal Charles. Will we see more of this?Injuries - None last year. Here is praying we don't see any this year.What will you be watching?That one felt like a guess.J.J. Watt - Stick him at QB or RBCarter & Irvin - Talking trashWho cares about this?Other (comments)Share this Story×Google+posted by: Ozsportsfan1Opinion
- 1. Indy isn't consistent enough to be an elite team. The defense needs work and even the young phenom, Andrew Luck, can put up long periods of pedestrian play. Finding a chain moving WR would go a long ways towards helping the offense.2. NE is well equipped to beat SEA. Their intermediate passing game, Gronk, power running, and staunch defense combine for the perfect recipe to beat the NFC champs.3. LeGarrette Blount is a good running back. Every time I watch him, I think about how wrong I was.Can Indy get back to the AFC title game in 2015?That is definitely not going to happen. Just kidding.ProbableQuestionableDoubtfulOutShare this Story×Google+posted by: FFJeffMOpinion
- 1. Playing not to lose isn't good enough to win. Maybe if you have a great defense or perhaps if you are playing at home, you can get away with playing not to lose, but on the road against a very good team in the playoffs? Shame on Mike McCarthy.2. SEA needs to draft or sign a legit WR. Doug Baldwin is a nice piece and Paul Richardson may some day be a field stretcher, but Russell Wilson needs some physicality and reliability on the outside.3. Even though I'm a Bears fan, I can still feel compassion for GB. Weird.Who is most to blame for the GB loss?That is definitely not going to happen. Just kidding.McCarthy for being too conservativeBostick for botching the onside kickClinton-Dix for the two point conversionOther (please list in comments)Share this Story×Google+posted by: FFJeffMOpinion
- Marshawn Lynch has been known as a character all year long for his post-game interview semantics. This week, he was in the news for his plans to play in custom gold-plated cleats in the NFC Championship game.Said cleats were painted with 24-karat gold and are valued at $1,100. But the NFL wasn't on board with Lynch's shoe-game. On Sunday morning, Jay Glazer reported that the NFL had threatened to suspend Lynch if he wore the cleats.Ultimately, he complied with the NFL and wore Seahawks-green cleats. Did Lynch's action warrant a threat from the NFL?Nice. If you’re not predicting, you’re not living.Yes, he needs to wear the uniform.It doesn't matter, it's just a uniformNo, the NFL had no right to step in.Share this Story×Google+posted by: ChristianHardyOpinion
- NE's defense has solidified of late, moving up 4for4's aFPA ranks in nearly every category. They now rank 10th, 7th, and 7th against opposing QBs, RBs, and WRs. They continue to be a rather plus TE matchup, though, giving up the 27th-most aFPA to TEs. After averaging over 28 points per game in the regular season, sixth most in the league, Vegas has the IND team total at 23.25 this weekend.
IND's defense offers up plus aFPA matchups across the board & is especially generous to QBs [27th] and TEs [29th].
The O/U is a generous 53.5, with a spread of -7.That is definitely not going to happen. Just kidding.IND will get theirsFading IND players TBHDo not make a lineup without Gronk imoAll the Patriots....you can afford.Share this Story×Google+posted by: ffrittleOpinion
- SEA's defense offers up some unsurprisingly stringent aFPA numbers from 4for4. They are the least generous defense in aFPA to both QBs & WRs. They are the 6th-least generous to RBs, and 12th-least to TEs. Vegas agrees GB may struggle. After averaging a league leading 30.1 points a game in 2014, Vegas has the GB team total at a dangerously low 19.5.GB's defense offers up middling aFPA matchups to QBs & WRs, and a slight minus one to RBs & TEs.Vegas set a respectable 46.5 O/U, but their spread of -7.5, and low GB team total may be a cautionary tale.That one felt like a guess.Fade PackersPackers gonna Pack (and score tons)ALL THE RUSSELL WILSON ALL THE TIMESSEATTLE STACKShare this Story×Google+posted by: ffrittleOpinion
- While Aaron Rodgers [$7,800] is tempting, Seattle’s defense has gone nuts since Week 8, allowing only 7 total TDs and four 200 yards passing games over their last 11 starts.
Andrew Luck is the most productive QB on the year. In a game with an O/U of 53.5 and the Colts sitting as 6.5 point dogs, expect him to rack up the stats [Pats average 242.9 passing yards allowed]. Revis should shut down Hilton, but just as in Week 11, Luck should throw for 300+ yards [3 PT bonus on DK]. while utilizing his array of weapons.
Who are you rolling with Sunday?
That one felt like a guess.Tom Brady ($8500)Andrew Luck ($8200)Russell Wilson ($8000)Aaron Rodgers ($7800)Share this Story×Google+posted by: Jonathan_TTFOpinion
- Russell Wilson - $8,900RW3 is the lowest priced QB; SEA is 7.5 point home favorites with a projected score of 27 points. GB allowed the 5th-most rushing yards to QBs on the season.LaGarrette Blount - $5,400Blount's success will be predicated on game flow, but NE is favored by 7 and went with a run heavy approach earlier in the year vs IND.Doug Baldwin - $6,200The SEA passing game has the best matchup of the week & he is SEA's clear WR1.Dwayne Allen - $5,300Allen has caught all 7 of his targets this postseason, and has the lone TE TD for IND.You were put on the Earth to make sports predictions.Wilson is the top FD valueBlount is the only cheap option at RBBaldwin is my favorite low priced WRAllen scores againShare this Story×Google+posted by: TJHernandezOpinion
- Aaron Rodgers - $7,800Aaron Rodgers is the cheapest QB on DK. AARON RODGERS IS THE CHEAPEST QB ON DK!!!Dan Herron - $5,900Herron has double digit touches in every game since Week 12, and had a whopping 31 touches vs DEN last week.Doug Baldwin - $5,000Baldwin is generally a boom/bust candidate, but he is SEA's clear No. 1 WR in the best matchup of the weekend.Rob Gronkowski - $7,800There's no more of a glaring matchup this week than Gronk vs IND. The Colts finished the season ranked 29th vs TEs, according to 4for4.Which play are you avoiding?You were put on the Earth to make sports predictions.Rodgers struggles vs SEAIND is forced to throw to keep upIt's the Jermaine Kearse show againGronk is a tad too priceyShare this Story×Google+posted by: TJHernandezOpinion
- I've mentioned before that I'm in favor of stacking my kicker with my DST, which is why I like Stephen Gostkowski this week. It's been shown that there is a fairly strong correlation between kicker and DST scoring.Gostkowski is the most expensive kicker on FanDuel [$4,900], but there is only a $400 discrepancy between the top and bottom kicker this week.On a short slate, I'm more inclined to embrace strongly correlated stacks, which in turn increases my risk, since less games emphasizes luck over skill.Who is your top kicker this week?That is definitely not going to happen. Just kidding.Stephen GostkowskiSteven HauschkaAdam VinatieriMason CrosbyShare this Story×Google+posted by: TJHernandezOpinion
- COLTSDan Herron - The Trent Richardson 'healthy scratch' story will be the headlines. Can Herron get it done on the ground & keep Brady on the bench?The Pass Rush - The O-line is a weak point for the Patriots. Can they get to Brady?Vontae Davis - If he does mark Gronk all game, has he got a chance of stopping him?PATRIOTSJulian Edelman - The focus of the Colts D will be Gronk. Can Edelman torch the Colts underneath?The Secondary - Who marks who? Can they stop Hilton & company?What will you be watching?A fine selection. Good luckGronk - Can anybody stop him?Pats DBs vs Colts WRsColts Pass Rush vs Pats O-lineOther (comments)Share this Story×Google+posted by: Ozsportsfan1Opinion
- PACKERSThe RBs - The Packers love the screen game. Can they execute against this Defense?The O-line - Can they keep Rodgers clean? A one-legged Rodgers can't run around.The WRs - Can they beat the zone coverage? There is enough talent here to have success flooding zones with multiple receivers.SEAHAWKSRichard Sherman - Does he have to defend a pass this time around?The D - Can they shut down the run game/screens & make Rodgers pass?The O-line - Can they keep Wilson upright?Beast Mode - How many touches does he get?What will you be watching?A fine selection. Good luckLegion of Boom vs Packers WRsPackers O-line vs Seahawks Pass RushAaron Rodgers - How hurt is he?Other (comments)Share this Story×Google+posted by: Ozsportsfan1Opinion
- With a two game slate, there aren't very many standout rookies left in the playoffs.
The rookie that dynasty owners should be watching in this game is Donte Moncrief. Many are saying he could be this offseason's Justin Hunter, a candidate to be over-drafted this offseason.
In the AFC Championship game, T.Y. Hilton will see a lot of Darrelle Revis, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Moncrief get a fair share of targets like he did last week when he tied the team lead in targets with 8.
Who will be most over-drafted this offseason?Are you a psychic? That’s cheating!Donte MoncriefKelvin BenjaminCody LatimerAmari CooperShare this Story×Google+View all Rookie to Watch storiesposted by: NPowellMediaOpinion