- FANTASY FOOTBALL
- Fantasy Football Rankings
- Sportable Paragon Podcast
- Sportable Staff
- Arizona Cardinals
- Atlanta Falcons
- Baltimore Ravens
- Buffalo Bills
- Carolina Panthers
- Chicago Bears
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Dallas Cowboys
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions
- Green Bay Packers
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Miami Dolphins
- Minnesota Vikings
- New England Patriots
- New Orleans Saints
- New York Giants
- New York Jets
- Oakland Raiders
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- San Diego Chargers
- San Francisco 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks
- St. Louis Rams
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tennessee Titans
- Washington Redskins
SPORTABLE Top Stories
- Throughout the day, I'll be posting my thoughts on surprising performances from fantasy football players. From the biggest names disappointing to the most obscure thriving, I'll try to give a rapid reaction to how we should view these stat lines going forward. You won't find a place with takes as they happen like this.So, follow my thoughts in the comment section, and refresh the page for the newest information we have. Feel free to join in the conversation and voice your opinion, too.Share this Story×Google+posted by: mattharmonInfo
- Every football Sunday NFL players get injured. In a world of instant communication and reaction, NFL fans, viewers, and fantasy football owners want to be updated as quickly as possible when it comes to NFL injury news.
Knowing that, Sportable will be running an open thread for Week 16's injuries when they occur. Refresh the site and check the comments section for all the injury news of the day.Share this Story×Google+posted by: salvatoreInfo
- Every Sunday morning Matt Harmon [@MattHarmon_BYB] of FootballGuys.com and Dan Schneier [@DanSchneierNFL] of PFF Fantasy host a Google Hangout titled Hot Takes and Hot Cakes where they'll bring you up-to-the minute fantasy advice to help you optimize your lineups.
They'll also answer any fantasy football questions you have live on air. Ask your question(s) in the comments section here or tweet them to either Matt [@MattHarmon_BYB], Dan [@DanSchneierNFL], or Sportable [@SportableNFL] using the #HotTakesAndHotCakes hashtag.
Will you watch Sunday?
Yes, need hot takes with my hot cakes.
Yes, can never have too many hot cakes.Share this Story×Google+posted by: salvatoreOpinion
- WR Julio Jones missed Week 15, and is officially listed as questionable for Week 16. As a Julio owner, I hate this. My ultimate fear is he is active but is only used as a decoy. If he is active, I will be starting him by default, but with low expectations. It's really a disgusting situation, and one you should monitor all the way up until kickoff.How To Proceed: Harry Douglas and Devin Hester will reap the benefits if Julio Jones is out. I'd rank Douglas slightly ahead of Hester, but Hester brings return point possibilities.Who would you start?
I'll just pray for Julio's health.Share this Story×Google+View all Injury Updates & How To Proceed storiesposted by: @Ty_In_StLOpinion
- WR T.Y. Hilton missed practice all week, and is listed as questionable for Week 16. Not many things test the will of fantasy football players as having to potentially bench the stud that got you to the championship game, but that may be what we're looking at with Hilton.Even if he is active, an ankle injury is always something to be worried about. Mainly, because Hilton relies on quick cuts and break away speed to rack up those points.How To Proceed: Pick up Donte Moncrief, immediately. If you miss on Moncrief, WR Jarvis Landy is a safe bet.Share this Story×Google+View all Injury Updates & How To Proceed storiesposted by: @Ty_In_StLInfo
- WR Julian Edelman has been ruled out for Week 16. Expect Danny Amendola to pick up some more offensive snaps in Edelman's absence. The one person this truly helps is Rob Gronkowski, but since he is probably not sitting on your waiver wire, let's see who may make a decent fill-in.How To Proceed: Target Danny Amendola [32% owned on Fleaflicker]. He isn't ideal here, but if you want an available piece of the New England receiving game, he is your guy. Other solid options are: Jarvis Landry [38% owned] and Greg Jennings [28% owned].Share this Story×Google+View all Injury Updates & How To Proceed storiesposted by: @Ty_In_StLInfo
- 1. Mark Sanchez isn't terrible. He isn't good, but people need to relax. The bottom line is the Eagles haven't played well for three weeks now. Penalties, the secondary, and Sanchez all conspired against them versus Washington.2. The Redskins are still terrible. This win notwithstanding, Washington needs more than a few ancillary pieces in the offseason.3. Zach Ertz is the truth. It would be awesome for fantasy owners if Chip Kelly has fully realized this fact.What else is the truth?
Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone
Tupac is still alive
The moon landing was faked
Santa ClausShare this Story×Google+posted by: FFJeffMOpinion
- It may be hard to fit the Seahwaks into your cash game lineups, but their hefty price tag is well worth all the upside in GPPs.
Nothing screams fantasy points more than Ryan Lindley vs. the Seattle defense.
The Seahawks are favored by eight points and projected to allow just 14.25 points, by far the lowest total in the league.
According to Pro Football Focus, ARI grades out in the bottom third of the league in pass blocking. The Seahawks' 6.1 YPA to QBs is fifth-best in the league, and pressure on an inexperienced QB will lead to a big day.Share this Story×Google+posted by: TJHernandezInfo
- The Patriots have one of the best all-around matchups of the week, and one big beneficiary could be Stephen Gostkowski.
The Pats are projected to score over 28 points, and their defensive matchup is phenomenal. The Jets have one of the worst overall offenses in the league, meaning NE will often have good field position, and more kicking opportunities for Gostkowski.
The Jets one strength is run defense [best grade on Pro Football Focus], so NE should get the ball close to the goal line fairly easily but may stall a couple of times in the red zone.Share this Story×Google+posted by: TJHernandezInfo
- Knile Davis: He's now at 7 TDs [on just 138 touches]. While he needs to improve on the ground [3.56 YPC], Knile's stock is up with Charles turning 28 next week.
Odell Beckham: ODB deserves another shout-out after posting a ridiculous 12-143-3 line against Washington. He's a consensus top-10 dynasty WR, and arguably Top-5; he's basically untouchable at the moment.
Seantavius Jones: The unknown 6'3, 209 lbs WR with a 38.5-inch vertical is worth an add after being promoted from the New Orleans practice squad.
Who is your biggest Week 16 riser?
Other (share in comments)Share this Story×Google+posted by: MegatronFFOpinion
- Jay Cutler: Cutler just signed a huge contract and was benched for ... Jimmy Clausen. Chicago would take a $19 million dead money hit if they release Jay before '16 [per Rotoworld].
Johnny Manziel: He posted a horrific stat line and eliminated many from the fantasy playoffs. While it's risky, buying the 22 Manziel now may pay dividends down the line.
Keenan Allen: The sophomore slump was not as real as it appeared. Keenan regressed in yards & TDs, but upped his Recs. I highly recommend buying now, as he's still just 22.
Who is your biggest W16 faller?
Other (share in comments)Share this Story×Google+posted by: MegatronFFOpinion
- RB Ryan Mathews has been ruled out for Week 16. Mathews has been mostly a disappointment this season, mainly due his injury woes. Expect Branden Oliver to take the lead role vs San Francisco on Saturday.How To Proceed: Pick up Branden Oliver [37% owned on Fleaflicker], despite the tough matchup. In PPR leagues, I recommend Donald Brown [11% owned] if Oliver isn't available. Other targets: Joseph Randle, Charles Sims, and Khiry Robinson [all are under 35% owned on Fleaflicker].Share this Story×Google+View all Injury Updates & How To Proceed storiesposted by: @Ty_In_StLInfo
- The Packers' line has worked its way up to -13. This game script will call for TB to clearly be in many passing down formations, and Charles Sims' number should be called.
Three of the last five games Sims was targeted 3 or 4 times. In the last two weeks, Sims averaged 53.2% snaps, of which 75% of these plays were on passing downs.
Since Sims returned, TB's only two TD deficit didn't come until late in the 3rd Quarter of the DET game. GB should jump out early & force Sims on the field.
Sims could be a PPR deep reach this week.
I'm willing to give him a shot
He isn't needed in season long this week
He's only $3200 on DraftKings. Why not?Share this Story×Google+posted by: FantasyGumshoeOpinion
- With a strong matchup on the slate for Aaron Rodgers [$16,250], I'm likely to pay up for at least one of my QB spots. The Pack is still playing meaningful games down the stretch so there's no reason for them to ease up on TB this week.Below are my plays at the QB2 spot:Mark Sanchez [$12,500] - In a good spot V the terrible WAS D while still playing for a playoff spot.RGIII [$10,500] - Not a terrible play V PHI, as he probably ends up as a fringe QB1 in WK 16.Andy Dalton [$11,600] - Draws DEN at home in a matchup he should be able to capitalize on.Share this Story×Google+posted by: JDBecklerInfo
- I'm paying for Rodgers at QB so I'm going to double down & stack Nelson with him. Could go Cobb here if you need the savings & I'd love to be able to sneak Adams in, but he's been less than a reliable option.Below are my plays at the WR2 spot:Stills [$9,250] - Gets ATL this week so he's staring a long TD & some volume in the face.Matthews [$8,400] - Should be able to get open for Sanchez vs. WAS & take advantage of his plus matchup.Gordon [$9,200] - A big question mark but at this price it's hard not to pull the trigger on the upside.Share this Story×Google+posted by: JDBecklerInfo